The Te-Alah Dancers

The Te-Alah Dancers
January, 2008

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Assorted Stuff

It was a great practice tonight and I especially enjoyed seeing all of Anna's new purchases from JoAnn Fabrics. She found some beautiful polyester chiffon that looks like sari material for veils. She got 3 yards for only $15. She also found patterns for tops, skirts, and harem pants for $1.

We also had a brief discussion about dance names. You don't have to have a name but it's fun to find one that truly fits you and your personality. If you google "dance names" or go to shira.net (see link below) you can find lists of names. Also, baby name websites have tons of information including the origins of names. I also want to spotlight each of us here on the blog with a brief bio and picture. We can rotate the bios every week or so. Please be thinking about what you might want to include in your bio.

Shimmy on!
rassi

2 comments:

Mahira said...

How should we submit our bios? Should we save something in Microsoft Word or just publish it right here. Thanks, Anna, for the tip about Joanne Fabrics. I also got some material for veils. I believe we even got some of the same material. I didn't buy anything to make costumes out of because I didn't know what the patterns looked like or if we were goint to try to make the same style or what. I am not a seamstress. This could be interesting. Everyone have a great June!!

Mahira (Tami)

Rassi said...

Hi Mahira!

So good to hear from you and I'm excited to see your new fabric. If you want to give me the bio in person, I can then take your picture and add that too :)

I believe our next performance is going to be June 30 so I'm hoping to get everyone together on Wed. June 27 to run through the show. You could bring the bio then.

take care now,
rassi